Enjoy this delicious recipe with multiple Fresh Ingredient Variations
Stuffed Fresh Bell Peppers
The most delicious Vetshouse Fresh Bell Pepper recipe!
Ground Beef, Mushrooms, Diced Bell Pepper, Tomato Sauce, Fresh Corn
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Rice (White or Brown)
- 2 Vetshouse Fresh Produce Bell Peppers (Green, Yellow, or Red) - Halved & Seeded
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onions (thinly sliced) - Available from Vetshouse Produce
- 1 tsp Basil (You can use Fresh from Vetshouse Produce or Dried)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Fresh Tomato from Vetshouse Garden (diced)
- 1/2 Cup of your favorite cheese (feta, mozzarella, parmesan)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with Olive Oil. In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil to cook the rice. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Roast the peppers cut-side down for 20-30 minutes in pre-heated oven or until skin begins to brown.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet while Peppers are roasting. Cook the Onion, Basil, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper in Oil for 2 minutes. Stir in Tomato and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice and stir until heated all the way through.
Remove from heat and add your favorite cheese. Spoon the mixture into the Bell Pepper halves. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 35-40 minutes