Try this fresh Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad with fresh ingredients from Vetshouse Produce.
Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
Courtesy of Claire Robinson, The Food Network
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 seedless Fresh Vetshouse cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 pound Fresh Vetshouse Tomato, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup basil-infused olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In a small bowl, soak the onion slices in icy cold water for 15 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry. In a large bowl, add the onions, cucumbers and tomatoes and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.